Articles on this Page
- 10/04/12--08:49: _Spread Lowers NY-Ch...
- 10/07/12--23:29: _If Regulators Crack...
- 10/10/12--03:04: _Deutsche Börse Expa...
- 10/11/12--08:39: _Zayo Takes On North...
- 11/07/12--00:15: _Int’l Roundup: Oran...
- 11/14/12--05:21: _Colt Takes To the A...
- 12/06/12--05:44: _Equinix Increases F...
- 12/17/12--01:53: _euNetworks Lowers L...
- 12/21/12--04:51: _Xmas Bytes 12/21: C...
- 02/14/13--05:55: _Hudson Fiber Moves ...
- 02/26/13--03:47: _Financial Bytes: Pe...
- 03/20/13--07:32: _Anova Brings Microw...
- 05/17/13--06:11: _Int’l Roundup: euNe...
- 05/23/13--23:59: _Friday Roundup: Lev...
- 06/03/13--05:18: _Gores Buys Orange’s...
- 06/25/13--04:01: _Vendor Roundup: Alc...
- 10/30/13--01:47: _Wednesday Bytes: HF...
- 10/30/13--02:26: _euNetworks Adds Fib...
- 11/15/13--03:22: _Colo Bytes: Telehou...
- 05/13/14--06:21: _Sunesys Taps Spread...
- 10/04/12--08:49: Spread Lowers NY-Chicago Latency Yet Again
- 10/07/12--23:29: If Regulators Crack Down on HFT, Does Low Latency Lose Relevance?
- 10/10/12--03:04: Deutsche Börse Expands Via euNetworks
- 10/11/12--08:39: Zayo Takes On Northern Tier Latency
- 11/07/12--00:15: Int’l Roundup: Orange, Pacnet, Colt, Interoute, Level 3
- 11/14/12--05:21: Colt Takes To the Air For Latency
- 12/06/12--05:44: Equinix Increases Financial Dominance With LMAX, CBOE
- 12/17/12--01:53: euNetworks Lowers Latency to Basildon
- 12/21/12--04:51: Xmas Bytes 12/21: Cologix, Equinix, Viawest, Integra, Hudson Fiber
- 02/14/13--05:55: Hudson Fiber Moves 41% Mahwah Closer
- 02/26/13--03:47: Financial Bytes: Perseus Telecom, Orange Business, IPC Systems
- 03/20/13--07:32: Anova Brings Microwave Longhaul to DC/NJ
- 05/23/13--23:59: Friday Roundup: Level 3, euNetworks, CenturyLink, Ciena, NTT
- 06/03/13--05:18: Gores Buys Orange’s Trading Solutions Biz
- 06/25/13--04:01: Vendor Roundup: Alcatel-Lucent, Infinera, Vello, MRV, Huawei
- 10/30/13--01:47: Wednesday Bytes: HFN, Cologix, Akamai, Intelisys
- 10/30/13--02:26: euNetworks Adds Fiber to Sweden, Lowers Latency to Moscow
- 11/15/13--03:22: Colo Bytes: Telehouse, Internap, Equinix, Savvis, Zayo
- 05/13/14--06:21: Sunesys Taps Spread For Intercity Capacity
The ultra-low latency specialist Spread Networks has done it again, cutting another chunk out of the time it takes to send data between New York and Chicago. They have taken 100 microseconds from the dark fiber offering via continuous route improvements, with latency now at 12.98ms. Meanwhile, the latency on their fastest wavelength offering has [...]
I have been pondering the influence high frequency trading has had on the bandwidth market over the past few years, and whether the recent second look it is getting from regulators might be something worth keeping closer tabs on. Low latency demand from the HFT wing of the financial industry has created some of the [...]
The German financial marketplace Deutsche Börse is upgrading its network again, getting some help from independent European fiber operator euNetworks. They’re adding capacity for future growth with a focus on high system stability. … [visit site to read more]
This morning, Zayo says it is taking customer orders for low latency connectivity from Seattle and both Chicago and the NY Metro area, which they’ve been working on since May. Zayo believes its routes now offer the lowest latency on both rates currently available. They’re also in the process of upgrading the route to native [...]
Now that the election’s over (finally!), there’s plenty of news from global service providers already this week to look at. Here’s a set of quick takes on some of the interesting bits: … [visit site to read more]
Over in Europe, Colt Group (LON:COLT, news) has raised the ante in the low latency wars between London and Frankfurt, but this time it’s not about tightening fiber tails and such. In fact, it’s not about fiber at all, but microwave. The pan-European operator announced that it will be augmenting its low latency fiber connectivity [...]
Equinix (NASDAQ:EQIX, news, filings), the 800lb gorilla of carrier neutral colocation, notched two more victories in the financial vertical today. This morning it was LMAX in the UK, and the other day it was CBOE in New York. … [visit site to read more]
Europe’s euNetworks (SIN:H23, news) is on the move this last week before Christmas in the London metro area. They announced the addition of Basildon to the company’s dedicated finance network, and unveiled a new ultra-low latency route between Basildon and Frankfurt. … [visit site to read more]
A very Merry Christmas to you all, before everyone leaves early today. And on that note, here’s a quick rundown on some news from fiber and colo from the last few days that somehow slipped through the cracks: … [visit site to read more]
No US metro market has seen as many low latency elbows as New Jersey since the financial community started paying by the microseconds. Today one of the more comprehensive fiber builds to re-imagine the routes between key locations went online, as Hudson Fiber Network took its four new routes to Mahwah live: … [visit site [...]
There have been several interesting bandwidth and telecom items from the specialized financial vertical this week. Here’s a quick look at news from Perseus Telecom, Orange Business Service – Trading Solutions , and IPC Systems: … [visit site to read more]
Today Anova Technologies announced the acquisition of a new microwave-based low latency service terminating at the NASDAQ at 1400 Federal in Carteret, New Jersey. But it’s the other endpoint that’s what’s different: the carrier hotel in downtown Washington DC at 1275 K Street. … [visit site to read more]
With ITW going on, it’s been a busy week for international telecommunications on the PR front. Here’s a quick roundup of some articles of interest from overseas: … [visit site to read more]
With Memorial Day weekend upon us in the US, the summer is here. Well, I’m not quite back in the US yet – a few more weeks for that. In the meantime, here’s a Friday roundup of network news from around the world this week: … [visit site to read more]
France Telecom/Orange has sold off its financial infrastructure business, Orange Business Services – Trading Solutions division to the Gores Group. And it won’t have that long, derived name anymore either, as the division will be rebranded as Etrali Trading Solutions. … [visit site to read more]
I’m back in the USA again, trying to catch up a bit despite the jet lag. Here’s a quick look at some vendor news over the last few days: … [visit site to read more]
Here’s a quick roundup of all things data from the first half of the week that is worth a quick look: … [visit site to read more]
Over in Europe, euNetworks has stretched its fiber reach to the north and east. The independent pan-European operator has announced the addition of a fiber route up to Stockholm to its inventory, taking its low latency capabilities to the Scandanavian financial center down another notch. They have also established a beachhead in Moscow. … [visit […]
Here’s a few quick takes from this week’s other news in the colocation and cloud sector: … [visit site to read more]
A little less than two months ago, Sunesys announced an aggressive expansion into lit services, both of the metro sort within their existing markets and on intercity routes between them. Yesterday they revealed where some of that intercity bandwidth will originate, and it will come from a somewhat surprising source: Spread Networks. … [visit site […]