Articles on this Page
- 07/10/14--04:44: _Thursday Bytes: Log...
- 09/16/14--04:21: _Industry Spotlight:...
- 09/24/14--06:02: _Network M&A: Tiger ...
- 11/12/14--04:07: _Colt Spreads Its Wi...
- 12/02/14--03:28: _Centerbridge to Acq...
- 03/04/15--06:26: _Zayo Trims Latency ...
- 05/21/15--04:04: _euNetworks Slashes ...
- 07/07/15--05:00: _Hudson Fiber Takes ...
- 02/08/16--04:43: _NTT Takes Aim at Fa...
- 06/27/16--03:52: _Industry Spotlight:...
- 06/29/16--05:49: _Wednesday Bytes: Wi...
- 07/27/16--08:53: _BSO Brings Its Low ...
- 08/17/16--05:09: _Vendor Bytes: NEC, ...
- 08/24/16--06:48: _Wednesday Bytes: Co...
- 10/11/16--04:30: _Int’l Bytes: CityFi...
- 10/19/16--05:32: _Wednesday Bytes: XK...
- 11/09/16--01:00: _Wednesday Bytes: Gl...
- 12/07/16--04:10: _RETN, Transtelecom ...
- 12/16/16--07:38: _Avelacom Shortens I...
- 03/31/17--06:21: _Friday Bytes: Winds...
- 07/10/14--04:44: Thursday Bytes: Logix, Level 3, QTS, Perseus
- 09/16/14--04:21: Industry Spotlight: Jay Lawrence of NexxCom Wireless
- 09/24/14--06:02: Network M&A: Tiger Moves In With Hudson Fiber Network
- 11/12/14--04:07: Colt Spreads Its Wings, Acquires Its Way Into Asia
- 12/02/14--03:28: Centerbridge to Acquire IPC Systems
- 03/04/15--06:26: Zayo Trims Latency to Mahwah Further, Plans Debt Sale
- 05/21/15--04:04: euNetworks Slashes Latency to Zurich With New Route
- 07/07/15--05:00: Hudson Fiber Takes the Subway in NYC Fiber Expansion
- 02/08/16--04:43: NTT Takes Aim at Far East Latency
- 06/27/16--03:52: Industry Spotlight: BSO CEO Michael Ourabah
- 06/29/16--05:49: Wednesday Bytes: Windstream, Telia, BSO, Ericsson
- 07/27/16--08:53: BSO Brings Its Low Latency Wares to Chicago
- 08/17/16--05:09: Vendor Bytes: NEC, Accedian, Ciena
- 08/24/16--06:48: Wednesday Bytes: Console, BSO, Colo Atl, Champion ONE
- 10/11/16--04:30: Int’l Bytes: CityFibre, Epsilon, Avelacom, Level 3
- 10/19/16--05:32: Wednesday Bytes: XKL, Sabey, BSO, Hibernia
- 11/09/16--01:00: Wednesday Bytes: Global Capacity, BSO, Megaport
- 12/07/16--04:10: RETN, Transtelecom Open New Path Across Asia
- 12/16/16--07:38: Avelacom Shortens Its Path to Moscow
- 03/31/17--06:21: Friday Bytes: Windstream, Avelacom, Console
Here’s some quick takes on other news from around the sector this week: … [visit site to read more]
For the past half-decade or so, low latency connectivity has been a big focus of the key financial vertical, both through fiber and the air. Serving bandwidth to the high frequency trading segment has been as rapidly evolving an environment as they come, and NexxCom Wireless has been evolving right along with it. With us today to tell us […]
Private equity has found another network operator to bring into the fold this week. Tiger Infrastructure Partners is acquiring a majority interest in Paramus, NJ-based Hudson Fiber Network. … [visit site to read more]
Of all the deals I’ve ever thought the European network and cloud provider Colt might be involved in, this one never came up. Colt announced this morning that it plans to acquire Tokyo-based KVH for €130.3M. … [visit site to read more]
We had some M&A news in the financial networking vertical yesterday. IPC Systems is changing hands, with Centerbridge Partners paying $1.2B or so to take it off the hands of Silver Lake Partners. … [visit site to read more]
Another week, another dark fiber buildout project for Zayo. Today they announced plans to construct a new route between the NYSE facility in Mahwah and Equinix's NY5 data center in Secaucus. ... [visit site to read more]
euNetworks today formally launched a new ultra-low latency route this morning, bringing Frankfurt and Zurich rather closer together. The new route takes advantage of the assets purchased last year in the Fibrelac acquisition, demonstrating the progress they've made in integrating the Swiss footprint into the rest of their European footprint. ... [visit site to read […]
When Tiger Infrastructure Partners moved in with Hudson Fiber Network last September, I wondered what the company might use its new resources on. We learned the answer to that question today, as the company revealed an expansion into the dark fiber market in Manhattan. ... [visit site to read more]
While the urgency of low latency in the financial world peaked some years ago, it's still a significant force and not just between New York and either Chicago or London. Today Japan's NTT Communications took aim at a different route, that between the financial exchanges of Japan and Singapore. ... [visit site to read more]
When demand for low latency first became a thing, a number of network operators sprang up specifically to step into the gap. Closely held BSO was one such operator, nimbly serving the demand from HFT traders beyond the core markets everyone else was in. They have leveraged that start to build a global footprint they […]
Here's a quick look at some news from around the world that's worth a look today: ... [visit site to read more]
The market for low latency connections in North America is getting some new competition this week from European-based BSO. BSO is in the process of expanding its capabilities in the US and Canada this year, and today introduced ultra-low latency connectivity between CME and three other global destinations. ... [visit site to read more]
Along with reports of Cisco's potential layoffs, there have been a number of interesting items from vendors already this week: ... [visit site to read more]
Here's a midweek look at some news from around the space: ... [visit site to read more]
Some international items to peruse on this Tuesday morning. ... [visit site to read more]
For this edition of Wednesday Bytes, we have one significant 100GE product rollout, one metro fiber expansion, and two moves relating to low latency connectivity: ... [visit site to read more]
I'm on the road on Wednesday at MEF16, so if I check in late on something big you know why. In the meantime, here's a quick rundown on some other news from yesterday worth a look: ... [visit site to read more]
The terrestrial path between the Far East and Europe has been gaining importance steadily over the last 5-10 years, and today another option was unveiled. RETN and Transtelecom (Kazakhstan) have partnered to launch TRANSKZ, which connects RETN's European network with Hong Kong by crossing Kazakhstan. ... [visit site to read more]
The market for ultra-low latency connections doesn't get the press it used to, but it's definitely still there. Today Avelacom took the wraps off a new DWDM route between London and Moscow, cutting the RTT latency by a bit over 2 milliseconds while adding new PoPs along the way. ... [visit site to read more]
Here's some quick catchup on some other news from yesterday that I didn't get to: ... [visit site to read more]